|Resource: Victims’ compensation websites in your state and the National Center for Victims of Crime website (http://www.ncvc.org)
Resource: Criminology in the 21st Century located on the student website:
· Criminology Interviews: Director and Chief of Victimization Stats
· Terrorism: A Study in Public Safety
Resource: Films on Demand videos located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings:
· “Sleeper Cell Networks”
· “Advantages and Disadvantages of Surveillance”
· “What is Biometrics?”
Resource: research the following
· U.S. Patriot Act
· The Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003
· Homeland Security Act of 2002
Write a 2,100- to 2,400-word paper addressing the following:
· Future directions of crime fighting and it’s role in social policy implication
· The potential for specific crime-fighting methodologies, such as using biometrics, implementing cybercrime spyware, or mandating DNA collection programs
· Evolving law enforcement and forensic technologies used to detect criminal activities
· Possible civil liberty or ethical violations as they relate to the evolving technologies you included in the paper
Discuss how the evolution of crime fighting may affect social policy from national and international perspectives.
Consider how the evolving technologies relate to national and international policymaking.
Develop a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that includes major points from the paper. Include detailed explanations in the speaker notes section that correlate with each point.
Include videos, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate.
Format the paper and presentation consistent with APA guidelines.