BSCOM 260 Week 2 Ethics and Audience in Technical Writing and Communication
Resource: Joanna Briggs Institute database in the University of Phoenix Library
Locate a technical communication document in the Joanna Briggs Institute database in the University of Phoenix library. It is recommended that you search for Best Practice Information Sheets on a topic of your choice.
As a group, agree on a topic. Individually read the document then discuss ethical and audience-based concerns indicated by the questionnaire below. As a group, complete the analysis. How you go about this is to your discretion.
Write a 350- to 700-word summary that describes ethical audience, tone, and style issues pertaining to the document by responding to the following:
- Who are the primary and secondary audiences for the document?
- What are the primary and secondary purposes of the document?
- How will the document be used?
- At what level of expertise is the document written?
- Is the length and detail appropriate for the subject?
- Is the format and medium appropriate for the subject?
- What legal and ethical constraints may have been considered when creating the document?
Edit for grammar, punctuation, and mechanics. Edit to ensure that the document is written in a cohesive voice.
Submit your summary with APA-formatted citations to your instructor.