Entire Course Link
Week 1 Outsourcing risksAssignment Preparation: Activities include completing the SkillSoft courses, the PowerPoint review, independent student reading, and research.
- Complete the Skillsoft course, “CISSP 2012 Domain: Information Security Governance and Risk Management.”
- Complete the SkillSoft course, “Managing Software Project Outsourcing: Dealing with Risks.”
- Review “How to add narration to a presentation.” Click on the PowerPoint help icon and search.
Assignment: Prepare a 6-10 slide narrated PowerPoint presentation that identifies the possible risks to an organization in each of the following outsourcing situations:
- The use of an external service provider for your data storage.
- The use of an enterprise service provider for processing information systems applications such as a payroll, human resources, or sales order taking.
- The use of a vendor to support your desktop computers.
- The use of a vendor to provide network support.
The presentation will include a risk mitigation strategy for each situation. One mitigation strategy, because of personnel and facility limitations, cannot be proposed, because it eliminates the outsourcing by bringing the situation in house.