ARTS 125 Week 3 American Art Before and After World War II Presentation
Resources: Review Ch. 5 and 6 of Oxford History of Art: Twentieth-Century American Art, the Week 3 Electronic Reserve Readings, your Video Reflections, and at least one additional scholarly online or library resource.
Prepare a 5- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you examine the works of photographers working during the 1930s and the work of Abstract Expressionists.
Include responses and discussion of the following in your presentation:
- Three photographers who worked during the 1930s
- At least two examples of photography from each photographer
- A description of the types of subjects photographed
- Your opinion on whether or not photography is a fine art form with an explanation
- Your opinion regarding how photography has affected American culture
- One Abstract Expressionists painter who worked in post-World War II America
- A description of the style of the painter and why he or she was interested in this style of abstraction
- A description of how this style emerged in post-World War II America and why it differed from the art work of the 1930s
Submit your American Art Before and After World War II Presentation.
- For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with speaker’s notes which support and expand upon your bulleted text.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines and include a slide with all references.
Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab above.