CIS 532 Week 4 Assignment 2 - Network Topology Design
You are the network manager of a company that has grown from 10 employees to 100 employees in 12 months. Year 2 projected growth is estimated to be 100 additional employees located at a remote location. The aggressive growth has brought about some unique challenges and opportunities. The company has one remote warehouse and no off-site disaster recovery services or servers. The network design remains a non-redundant, flat topology.
Your assignment must consider the three-layer hierarchical model. You are free to make supported assumptions of the applications and services that this organization uses.
Write a one (1) page paper in which you:
1. Depict a network topology graphical model of the initial environment of 10 employees using Visio or its open source alternative software. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
2. Depict a network topology graphical model of the current 100 employees using Visio or its open source alternative software. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
3. Depict a network topology graphical model for future growth to 200 employees using Visio or its open source alternative software. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
4. Create a two-paragraph executive summary.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Design a network topology to include hierarchy, redundancy, modularity, and security.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in network architecture and analysis.
• Write clearly and concisely about network architecture and analysis using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.