CIS 408 Week 8 Assignment 3: The Wild Frontier, Part 3
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Thanks to the great IT support the IT team provided, Wild Frontier is expanding even more. Each of the original four (4) satellite offices have doubled in size and four (4) more offices are being opened. The current licensing seats have managed to cover all of the existing personnel, without full utilization but the new demand will overtax them. The owner, Sam Yosemite, gets all fired up if he can’t allocate costs fairly according to use. You also need to make the existing printers cover the additional personnel use without buying new printers, even though the managers have to print off long documents several times each week to provide shooting targets for Sam.
Also, some users have been accessing applications and media services they do not need and the IT team needs to curtail this. The budget given for the increased staff is not sufficient for new desktops for each user. Additional storage needs have been identified in the original four (4) satellite offices, as well as some slowdowns in performance. These need to be addressed along with the consideration of Terminal Services Licensing.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze how using Windows SharePoint Services will help meet many of the criteria for providing support for the additional remote offices and help prevent duplication of work.
2. Create a plan to meet the printer requirements specified in the scenario.
3. Propose a solution that will address the:
a. Additional storage needs.
b. Slowdowns in performance.
c. Consideration of Terminal Services Licensing.
4. Use Visio or a similar tool to depict graphically the physical and logical layout of your plan. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, and configure Windows SharePoint Services.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, and configure Windows Media Services.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in application server development.
• Write clearly and concisely about application server development using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.