One Hour Dress - Downton Abbey Edition Booklet PDF
Mary Brooks Picken's 1 Hour Dress Booklet first published in 1924!
This is a PDF version of a scan of my RARE, original booklet!
* 6 DOWNTON ABBEY Inspired Dresses
featuring ANDOVER'S Downton Abbey Fabrics
with NEW Step-by-Step Instructions & Illustrations (for the modern sewist!)
LADY GRANTHAM (NEW!!) - Cap Sleeved Dress with Ruffled Trim, Belt with Lg Rose Trim.
DOWAGER COUNTESS - Long Sleeved with Shirt-front Vestee and Rose Trimming.
LADY MARY - Short Sleeved Dinner Dress with Rosette Trim and large Rosette Belt.
LADY EDITH - Basic Dress with Applique embellishment
LADY SYBIL - Lovely Dinner dress with Roseete trim, Rosette Belt with Fan Tassels.
WEE LADY - Sweet Tot dress embellished with Applique & Rosettes.
* 4 x 6 inch original 1920's booklet ENLARGED to 8.5 x 11 inches
* As the 1920's directions for some of the items were pretty sketchy, step-by-step instructions
and more illustrations are included.
* Directions for making each of the dresses from one fabric, or from two coordinating fabrics.
* LOTS of ART DECO Ribbon & Fabric Trimmings for the dresses
(like bows, roses, belts, etc...) as well!
* Andover's Downton Abbey Fabric Swatch pictures included!
* Lots of Downton Abbey Pics too!
The complete Andover "Downton Abbey" Fabric Collection can be found at your local Quilt Shop, or if you don't have one nearby, at Hawthorne Fabrics:
You can also find the PRINTED version of these booklets there as well: