2014 Hat Patterns - Downton Abbey Edition Booklet PDF
1920's HAT PATTERNS!
Over 32 Pages ~ 8.5 " x 11" ~ Lays flat when open
* Based on ORIGINAL 1920's Patterns by Ruth Wyeth Spears.
* 8 DOWNTON ABBEY Inspired Hats:
LADY GRANTHAM (Cora) NEW!! - Asymmetrical Wide-Brimmed hat
COUNTESS - Face-Framing Hat & Bowed Turban
LADY MARY - Fan-Trimmed Cloche
LADY EDITH - Back-bow Cloche & Slotted Brim Cloche
LADY SYBIL - Iconic Cloche (E-Z to make!) & Tri-Color Buckle Hat
* All Trimmings Instructions included
* Andover's Downton Abbey Fabric Swatch pictures included!
* Original instructions for most of these hats were for FELT versions**. These instructions have
been modified so that the hats can be made from any fabric. They also do not need any
of the hat forms originally called for in the vintage patterns.
* As the 1920's directions for some of the items were pretty sketchy, step by step instructions
and more illustrations are included for each hat.
* LOTS of Ribbon & Fabric Trimmings for the Hats (like roses, bows, cockades) as well!
* Lots of Downton Abbey Pics too!
* Fabric yardages given give ample room to choose the area of fabric design desired for hats.
**The original patterns from the 1920's were mostly designed to be made from felt (we sell those
versions in our Shop - see: Shirley; Marjorie; and Lillie Hat Collections)