HCS 446 Week 1 Facility Planning –Facility Selection: Part 2
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
As a team, select a health care facility. Research the standard operating procedures for waste management, fire and safety, and disaster management for your selected facility.
Select 1 area below to use in your outline:
• Hazardous waste management
• Fire and safety management
• Disaster management
• Security management
• ADA guidelines
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word outline for one of the selected issues in renovation or new planning of a health care facility. Include the following in your outline:
• Explain the standard operating procedures for your selected issue.
• Explain the local, state, and federal legal and regulatory requirements. Consider the following agencies:
o Occupational Safety and Health Administration
o Joint Commission of the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
o Your state's health planning and development agency
o Department of Health & Human Services
o Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments and other agencies as applicable to facility planning
• Identify issues to be considered when meeting the International Building Code for your selected facility.
• Describe measurements that may need to be done in advance of the new plan or renovation.
• List the stakeholders that may play a role in your development of the facility.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.