HSA 315 Assignment 2 - Competitiveness and Performance Effectiveness for Health Care IT Systems
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Define the fundamental responsibilities and key characteristics of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) within health care organizations. Make one (1) recommendation where they can utilize their expertise to assist with employee and patient satisfaction. Support your response with related examples of such expertise in use.
2. Suggest two (2) developing technologies that health care systems should use in order to improve health care processes and thus increase the quality and lower the cost of health services. Provide a rationale to support your response.
3. Determine two (2) significant methods that health care systems should use in order to prevent misuse of information and protect data privacy and thus achieve a high level of security of health information. Provide a rationale to support your response.
4. Suggest one (1) strategy for health care organizations to train providers in using technology in health care. Provide a rationale to support your response.
5. Provide three (3) best practices for effective IT alignment and strategic planning initiatives. Justify your response.
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Examine the impact technologies have on health care information systems.
• Describe the basic components of a strategic information system plan.
• Describe the major types and classifications of health care information standards and the specific organizations that develop and regulate these standards.
• Discuss the need for, and identify methods of, accomplishing the security of information systems.
• Evaluate the impact of strategic information system plans on organizational competiveness and performance.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in health information systems.
• Write clearly and concisely about health information systems using proper writing mechanics.