BUS 505 Week 3 Assignment 1: Firm Research
Imagine you are a small-business owner seeking a federal business opportunity that falls in one of the following categories: competitive 8a, woman-owned, HUBZone, service-disabled veteran-owned, or veteran-owned.
Write a two (2) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the small-business line of business (LOB).
2. Determine which federal government procurement opportunity is aligned with the LOB using the Federal Business Opportunities Website: https://www.fbo.gov
3. Provide the firm’s current strategies and then assess the strategic success using financial figures or “soft” indicators as the background.
4. Develop a SWOT analysis (use a table) for the business to determine the internal and external factors in servicing the federal government and then provide a gap analysis (using the weaknesses and threats) in satisfying the expected requirements.
5. Using the federal procurement process, create an action plan to fulfill the expected requirements based off the gap analysis.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the operations and functions of the key participants in the federal procurement process and assess a firm’s ability to satisfy expected requirements.
• Research and locate federal government procurement opportunities.
• Determine the required actions to enable a firm to be able to participate in the federal government contracting actions.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in business strategies and proposals.
• Write clearly and concisely about business strategies and proposals using proper writing mechanics.