Situational Leadership Case Study Paper
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
You are the head of a department at a local school. You notice that there is a high percentage of students who are failing the initial course. You realize that you need to change the textbook, assessments, and classroom participation requirements to address the high percentage of failing students. You anticipate that you will receive some “push-back” from both faculty and students. The faculty will push back because the changes will require additional work to design new lesson plans. Students will push back because the proposed changes will require additional work on their part as well as purchasing a new textbook. For this assignment, you will first determine your own leadership style, then determine the best ways to communicate the needed changes to the faculty.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Complete the Situational Leadership Style Summary/Self-Assessment from http://www.consumerstar.org/resources/pdf/Situational-Leadership-Self-Assessment.pdf.
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that describes the self-assessment of your situational leadership style and the application of situational leadership theory. The paper must include the following sections:
Introduction (100-125 words)
1. Purpose of the paper
2. Why it is important to you
Summary of Self-Assessments (100-125 words)
1. Identify the results of the self-assessment.
2. Identify your preferred leadership style.
3. Discuss whether you agree with this assessment or not, and why.
Applying Leadership Style (600-750 words)
1. Discuss how your identified situational leadership style may be beneficial when leading the diverse group of people in the case study.
2. Identify the quadrant(s) (S1, S2, S3, S4) within which your leadership style would be effective when communicating your proposed course changes to people in that quadrant(s). Explain why.
3. Identify the quadrant(s) (S1, S2, S3, S4) within which your leadership style would NOT be effective when communicating your proposed course changes to people in that quadrant(s). Explain why.
4. What will you do to be more effective in the styles that are outside of your preferred style?
Benefits and Challenges (100-125 words)
1. Provide a summary of the benefits and challenges of using situational leadership.
Summary (100-125 words)
1. Discuss how these benefits and challenges might affect your personal leadership style.