Comparison Matrix Paper - Part 1
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
As you move forward in your doctoral journey, you will read research papers that will require you to critique studies in question. To accomplish this, qualitative assessments about the research must be made by comparing, contrasting, and synthesizing what the research says. In this assignment, you will develop this skill by comparing the two research studies.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
• Locate and print “Comparison Matrix.”
• Locate and print “Empirical Research Checklist.”
• Go to the GCU Library. Use the “Find Journal Articles” search feature found on the home page of the GCU Library to locate an empirical article on transformational leadership. You may use the Empirical Research Checklist to determine if a study is empirical.
• Use information from this empirical article to complete the Article 1 column in the “Comparison Matrix.”
• Find an empirical article that is in the Reference section of the article. You may use the “Empirical Research Checklist” to determine if a study is empirical.
• Use information from this empirical article to complete the Article 2 column in the “Comparison Matrix.”
Use the information from the completed “Comparison Matrix” to write a paper of 750-1,000 words that compares the two studies. The paper will include the following sections:
Introduction (100-150 words)
1. The title of each study
2. The author of each study
3. Comparison of the purposes of each study
4. Comparison of the author’s statements of why the study is important.
Research Questions (125-175 words)
1. Comparison of the research questions posed in the studies
Sample Populations (100-150 words)
1. Comparison of the sample populations used in the studies
Results (225-275 words)
1. Comparison of the results of the studies
2. Discussion of why the older study was used as a reference in the newer study
3. Discussion of whether the older study supports or does not support the conclusions of the newer study
Conclusion (200-250 words)
1. Discussion of the limitations of the studies
2. Comparison of the conclusions stated in the studies
3. Comparison of the topics suggested for further research in the studies
Submit the completed “Comparison Matrix” and the “Comparison Matrix Paper 2” as a single deliverable.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be