ITB 300 Week 4 Assignment 1 - Expanding an MNC – Part 1
Imagine that you are a senior business manager in a MNC. Your boss has informed you that the MNC is considering expanding into an emerging market and has asked you to evaluate three (3) potential markets. To get started, you must decide the following:
• Determine what kind of business your MNC is (e.g., manufacturing, information technology, etc.).
• Determine what products or services your MNC provides.
• Select three (3) emerging market countries to evaluate.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
1. Describe a fictional MNC and describe the type of business your MNC is and the products and services it provides.
2. Create a matrix that compares three (3) emerging market countries across the following seven (7) elements:
i. economic system
ii. political environment
iii. legal and regulatory environment
iv. technological environment
v. ethical system
vi. social responsibility indicators
vii. cultural dimensions
3. Evaluate each country in the matrix as to its suitability for your MNC.
4. Determine and justify your recommendation for which emerging market your company should consider expansion.
5. Provide at least three (3) qualified sources (i.e., peer-reviewed journals, government, or a professional organization Website).
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the major economic, social/cultural, technology, and political/legal aspects of the international business environment.
• Analyze the ethical issues in conducting international business and develop guidelines for a company to operate in an ethical and socially responsible manner in global markets.
• Analyze leadership styles and operating norms and their relationship to cultural differences, organizational cultures, and the motivation of employees in diverse work environments.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in global management.
• Write clearly and concisely about global management using proper writing mechanics.