Phase 2 Discussion Board – Part 1
Although homeland security strategy (HLS) was subsumed into the 2010 national security strategy, the following original 2002 objectives remain essentially unchanged:
• Prevent terrorist attacks within the United States
• Reduce America’s vulnerability to terrorism
• Minimize the damage, and recover from attacks that do occur
In 100–200 words, answer each of the following questions:
• Of these 3 objectives, which do you think is most important, and why?
• Of these 3 objectives, which do you think is most difficult to achieve, and why?
• Of these 3 objectives, which one falls mostly within the responsibility of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?