SEC 310 Week 10 Term Paper - DHS Progress
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has made a number of strides in recent years, including 2011. The department’s organization and cooperation with other agencies continues to strengthen. Read the article discussing the success of the DHS in 2011 located at http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/20111222-dhs-progress-2011.shtm.
Write a ten to fifteen (5-10) page paper in which you:
1. Explain how the DHS has changed from its inception in 2001 to what it has become today.
2. Describe how the relationships between the DHS and other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have transformed over the years.
3. Analyze the current structure of the DHS and other agencies protecting the United States from internal and external threats. Suggest three (3) changes to the current structure of the DHS and justify your suggestions.
4. Describe the top three (3) characteristics of homeland security that the United States needs to address in the immediate future and why.
5. Discuss the existing roadblocks that are preventing the DHS from addressing these top concerns.
6. Predict the role cyber terrorism could play in future attacks against the United States and its allies. Describe what you consider to be the largest cyber threat(s) to the nation.
7. Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.