HLT-362V Week 3 Workbook Exercise 20
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Complete Exercise 20 in Statistics for Health Care Research: A Practical Workbook.
1) Which patient scored the highest on the preoperative CVLT Acquisition? What was his or her T score?
2) Which patient scored the lowest on postoperative CVLT Retrieval? What was this patient’s T score?
3) Did the patient in Question 2 have more of a memory performance decline than average on the CVLT Retrieval? Provide a rationale for your answer.
4) What is the mean (X) and standard deviation (SD) for preoperative T score for CVLT Acquisition?
5) Is the preoperative Retrieval T score for Patient 5 above or below the mean for the norm of the group? Provide a rationale for your answer.
6) Assuming that the distribution of the preoperative CVLT Retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
7) Assuming that the distribution of scores for the postoperative CVLT Retrieval T scores is normal, the middle 68% of the patients had T scores between what two values?
8) The researchers state that it appears that the functional integrity of the left temporal lobe, despite evidence of structural abnormality, plays a considerable role when it comes to memory outcomes following left ATL. Can the findings from this study be generalized to a larger population? Provide a rationale for your answer.
9) If a patient had a raw score = 30, what would his/her postoperative CVLT Retrieval T score be?
10) Did patients demonstrate more postoperative memory declines among CVLT Retrieval T scores than CVLT Acquisition T scores? Provide a rationale for your answer.