UNV 502 Week 6 Ethical and Legal View of the Developing Counselor [Part 1 & Part 2]
Part 1- Ethical and Legal Viewpoint
Write, from your future perspective of being an ethical and law-abiding counselor, a 1,000-1,250-word paper in which you incorporate your ethical and legal view on the following topics:
1. Volunteerism - What standards do you need to uphold if you are in a voluntary position or providing free/pro bono work?
2. Self-disclosure - Would you disclose personal information to a client? If so, when and how is it appropriate?
3. Objectivity - Why is it important to remain objective for your client?
4. Self-care - How will you balance your life?
5. Spirituality - How will you maintain your spirituality in and out of practice?
Be sure to cite professional code of ethics and/or articles to support your statements.
Part 2- Disposition Analysis
Choose three to five of the Dispositions required of Professional Counselors. Write a 250-500 word personal reflection on each of the dispositions that you chose. Make sure to discuss some of the strengths you have in maintaining the dispositions as well as any challenges you may face in upholding the dispositions.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Direct Link: http://store.payloadz.com/go/?id=2451824