CWV 101 Topic 6 Study Guide
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
This study guide is a tool designed to prepare students for the Topic 6 Quiz. Instructors will grade the study guide for completion, not for accuracy.
Download the study guide and type in your answers below the questions. Save the study guide to your computer and submit when complete. There is no need to submit the study guide to Turnitin. After submitting the study guide to the instructor, save it for use when taking the Topic 6 Quiz.
The quiz will be graded for accuracy, so take time to seek the correct answers for this study guide before you attempt the quiz. Once you start the quiz, do not exit the quiz until the entire quiz is completed. Exiting out of the quiz before it is complete may result in a zero grade.
Please type your answers below each question.
1. Read the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20.
a. Briefly list the commandments.
b. How do the first four commandments differ from the last six?
2. Read the Beatitudes, the blessings of Jesus in the opening verses of the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew chapter 5:1-12. Which one is repeated and emphasized?
3. From the lecture, what two commandments did Jesus say are the greatest?
4. From the lecture and textbook, write out the short quote that philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche made famous about truth.
5. From the textbook, describe how Raphael, in his great painting School of Athens, depicted Plato and Aristotle.
6. According to the lecture, what kind of absolute truths require the existence of God?
7. Briefly define General and Special Revelation.
8. From chapter 8 of the textbook, define exclusivism and pluralism.
9. According to chapter 7 in the textbook, the lecture, and Job 1-2 and 38-40, does Job ever find out why he suffered? What is the best explanation from our perspective?
10. Read the story of the raising of Lazarus in John 11. What can we learn about Jesus and death from this account of the event?
11. Read the 11 reasons for suffering listed in the lecture. Which reason(s) might provide good cause for a Christian to “count it all joy” as James says to do in James 1:2-4?
12. Read the section on Theodicy in chapter 9 of the textbook.
a. Define theodicy.
b. What are two explanations Christians might give to explain the problem of evil, how a good and powerful God would allow suffering?
13. According to Philippians 2:1-11, how are Christians to behave in light of what Jesus endured?