NRS-429V Week 5 Collaborative Learning Community: Health Promotion and Community Resource Teaching Project [21 Slides + Detailed Speaker Notes]
This is a CLC assignment.
It is important to promote the professional role of the nurse to provide health promotion and disease preventive care. Collaborating with other health care professionals and consumer groups in the community in redesigning health care can help meet the goals for Healthy People 2020.
Refer to to open the Healthy People home page.
1. Select the"Topics & Objectives" tab to access the 2020 Topics & Objectives – Objectives A-Z page.
2. Select one of the Healthy People "Topic Areas" for improving health.
3. Submit the proposed area to the instructor for approval. No group may work on the same focus area as another group.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation (15-20 slides) with accompanying speaker's notes and citations.
For help designing PowerPoint slides, refer to the “Create Your First Presentation PowerPoint tutorial,” located on the Microsoft website:
In the presentation, address the following:
1. State the objective of the presentation.
2. State the Healthy People 2020 focus area your group has selected and the rationale for selection of the specific focus area.
3. Explain how the focus area relates to the individual, the family, and the community, as well as to all age groups throughout the life span.
4. Identify ways to enhance or optimize health in the selected focus area using evidence-based research. A minimum of three peer-reviewed articles must be utilized.
5. Address the health disparity among different segments of the population for the selected focus area.
6. Provide a brief description of at least two community resources and at least two website resources for professionals and clients.
7. Provide a brief profile of at least one health-related organization for the selected focus area.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Direct Link: http://store.payloadz.com/go/?id=2448291