CIS 513 Week 7 Case Study 2 - Security in Bluetooth and other Mobile Device
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Before supporting mobile and wireless devices, organizations need to ensure that they have analyzed the potential security and implementation issues associated with those devices. Additionally, they need to ensure that they have taken the proper precautions and implemented the proper security controls to mitigate vulnerabilities. Read the NIST Draft SP 800-164, Guidelines on Hardware-Rooted Security in Mobile Devices, located at http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-164/sp800_164_draft.pdf.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Based on what you read in the NIST SP 800-164 publication, select an industry (such as Banking, Finance, Education, or Healthcare) and assess the security risks and vulnerabilities associated with mobile devices in this environment. Describe the security controls that this industry needs to implement to mitigate wireless vulnerabilities.
2. Assess the strategic implications of deciding to implement wireless and mobile technologies into the selected industry environment.
3. Analyze the factors that business managers must consider when determining if wireless and mobile devices are appropriate in their business environment.
4. Establishing multiple layers of defense is important in security. Describe why and how the different types of security controls are necessary to mitigate potential security issues. Describe how the types of radio signals and structure of wireless and cellular networks impact the security of wireless networks.
5. Create a Network Architecture diagram depicting the layers of security controls to mitigate security threats in a large corporate environment through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
6. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.