BUS 520 Week 7 Assignment 3 - Teamwork and Motivation
Imagine that you are the owner of a small manufacturing company. Your company manufactures a commodity, widgets. Your widget is a clone of a nationally known widget. Your company’s widget, WooWoo, is less expensive and more readily available than the nationally known brand. Presently, the sales are high; however, there are many defects, which increase your costs and delays delivery. Your company has fifty (50) employees in the following departments: sales, assembly, technology, and administration.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Design an organization motivation plan that encourages:
a. high job satisfaction
b. low turnover
c. high productivity
d. high-quality work
2. Propose two (2) methods to motivate all of the employees in the organization. Rate these methods in order of importance.
3. Propose three (3) ways to motivate the minimum wage service worker. Support your suggestions with a motivation theory.
4. Analyze the relevance of the individual worker in today’s organizational context.
5. Re-create and complete the following Individual Work to Teamwork chart using Microsoft Office or an equivalent such as OpenOffice.
The left-hand column is filled with terms that describe an individual worker. Fill in the right-hand column with descriptive terms that suggest the desired change in behavior from individual work to teamwork. Use Chapter 8 as a reference. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
[Individual Work to Teamwork - TABLE OMITTED]
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.