BUS 330 Week 5 Assignment Reflective Paper
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
The Reflective Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading assignments as well as the implications of new knowledge. The eight-page paper should integrate readings and class discussions into work and life experience. It may include explanation and examples from previous experience as well as implications for future application.
The purpose of the Reflective Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by describing your understanding and application of knowledge in the field of human resource management.
Focus of the Reflective Paper
The primary function of human resource management is to increase the effectiveness and contribution of employees in the attainment of organizational goals and objectives. Consider all the areas of HRM that have been discussed in class:
• EEO and Affirmative Action,
• Human resources planning, recruitment, and selection,
• Human resources development,
• Compensation and benefits,
• Safety and Health, and
• Employee and labor relations.
Submit a Reflective Paper in which you explain how these aspects work together to perform that primary function. Are any aspects more important than the others? Why or why not? How do you believe the HRM role can be optimized for shaping organizational and employee behavior?
The Reflective Paper must: (a) identify the main issues in the chosen area, (b) demonstrate new learning that has occurred, (c) include class activities or incidents that facilitated learning and understanding, (d) identify specific current and/or future applications and relevance to your workplace, and (e) reflect the potential impact to your future career plans or even in your personal life at home. The emphasis of the Reflective Paper should be on parts 'd' and 'e,' and on the application of new learning. Explore, in depth, the benefits of the new learning and understanding that has taken place.
Writing the Reflective Paper
The Reflective Paper:
• Must be seven double-spaced pages in length, excluding the cover page and reference page, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
• Must include a cover page that includes:
o Name of paper
o Student's name
o Course number and name
o Instructor's name
o Date submitted
• Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
• Must use at least one scholarly source, in addition to the text.
• Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
• Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.