ACCT 312 Week 6 Course Project - Annual Report Analysis [McDonalds Corporation]
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Objective: To analysis the financial statements of a publicly traded company.
Obtain an annual report from a corporation that is interesting to you. Be sure the company’s financial statements include deferred taxes, post-retirement benefits, dilutive securities, and share-based compensation.
Using techniques you have learned in the previous weeks, respond to the following questions:
1. Who are the firm’s auditors? Do they provide a clean opinion on the financial statements?
2. Have there been any subsequent events, errors and irregularities, illegal acts, or related-party transactions that have a material effect on the financial statements?
3. Describe the trend in total assets and total liabilities for the years presented.
4. What are the company’s three largest assets for the most recent year presented?
5. What are the company’s three largest liabilities for the most recent year presented?
6. What types of stock does the company have? How many shares are there outstanding for each type of stock for the most recent year presented?
7. Does the company use the single-step or multiple-step income statement or a variation?
8. Does the income statement contain any separately reported items in any year presented, included discontinued operations or extraordinary items? If it does, describe the even that caused the item. Hint: there should be a related footnote.
9. Describe the trend in net income over the years presented.
10. Does the company have other comprehensive income? If yes, what is the nature of the transaction(s)?
11. Does the company use the indirect or direct method of the cash flow statement?
12. What is the trend in cash from operations for the years presented?
13. What are the 2 largest items included in cash from investing activities?
• Papers must 8 to 10 pages in length (this would be roughly 1/2 page per area included in the report), 10 point font, double-spaced, include a cover page, table of contents, introduction, body of the report, summary or conclusion and works cited.
• Even though this is not a scientific-type writing assignment, references are still very important. At least 3 authoritative, outside references are required (anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable). These should be listed on the last page titled "Works Cited".
• Appropriate citations are required.
• All DeVry University policies are in effect including the plagiarism policy.
• Papers are due during Week 6 of this course.
• Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q&A Discussion topic.
• This paper is worth 155 total points and will be graded on quality of research topic, quality of paper information, use of citations, grammar and sentence structure.