MKT 505 Assignment 2 - Developing a Marketing Strategy for a Multinational Company
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: Expected Commercial Value Forecast and Marketing Strategy Research Paper. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment.
Imagine that you are a marketing manager in charge of developing a marketing campaign for Lenovo Computers (www.lenovo.com). Your company is currently selling products in fifty (50) different countries around the world. Lenovo just launched a new notebook. One (1) of the issues that you face is whether Lenovo should employ a multicountry strategy or a global strategy for the new notebook. Your job as a marketing manager requires you to first use an analytical tool to forecast Expected Commercial Value - Net Present Value (NPV) over the next ten (10) years. NPV is used to determine the value of future cash in today’s dollars. NPV is simply the value of the expected future returns of an investment minus the value of expected future cost expressed in today’s dollars.
Section 1: Expected Commercial Value Forecast
1. Utilize the Expected Commercial Value Excel Calculator to estimate the potential commercial success of the new notebook. Note: The Expected Commercial Value Excel Calculator can be found in the online course shell.
a. Fill in the Cashflows section ( column FY 13 through FY 23) found in the MS Excel sheet to project an NPV of above $10,000,000.
Launch and Marketing Costs
Forecasted Units Sold
Assuming the following parameters remain the same in the Excel calculator.
Probability of Commercial Success 0.8
Probability of Technical Success 1
Unit Sales Price $400
Discount Rate 0.06
b. Estimate the commercial success of the new notebook, based on your quantitative analysis from 1a of this assignment.
Section 2: Marketing Strategy Research Paper
2. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
a. Determine the key approaches that you will use in order to incorporate branding and co-branding opportunities. Devise your strategy for leveraging the current Lenovo brands with the new notebook product. Note: Incorporate the computed analytical data from the Expected Commercial Value Calculator to support your response.
b. Propose your strategy for advertising the new notebook within other countries. Determine whether the content of the ads would be similar to the standardized ads geared toward other world markets or if they would be customized for a new country. Provide a rationale for the response.
c. Select a country as a new market for the new notebook. Next, predict the market segmentation variables for the new notebook in the country that you have selected (e.g., geography, psychographics, and demographics). Note: Incorporate the computed analytical data from the Expected Commercial Value Calculator to support your response.
d. Define the company’s main types of pricing strategies and target market objectives for the new notebook.
e. Suggest the key methods that you would use to create unique distribution channels and logistics through the company’s existing global channel intermediaries. Predict the manner in which these distribution channels would create utility for current and potential customers.
f. Decide whether you would employ a multicounty strategy or a global strategy for the new notebook. Provide a rationale to support your response.
g. Use at least five (5) academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Integrate the concepts of market segmentation, product development, and pricing policies into viable marketing strategy to fit a variety of international market environments.
• Construct product distribution channels and logistics to meet marketing objectives and fit a variety of global market environments.
• Analyze an integrated marketing communication (IMC) strategy to support global marketing operations.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in international marketing.
• Write clearly and concisely about international marketing using proper writing mechanics.