MGT 500 Week 10 Assignment 3 - Leadership of Richard Branson
Using the Internet, research the leadership style and characteristics of Richard Branson, Virgin Group.
Write a six (6) page paper in which you:
1. Assess the key elements of Richard Branson’s leadership style and the impact that those elements have had on his business success. Provide thorough support and explanation for your rationale.
2. Given that The Virgin Group has been described as a fast-growing entrepreneurial company with many facets to the group, thoroughly suggest how the unique aspects of Richard Branson’s leadership style mesh successfully with the particular attributes of a multifaceted organization like Virgin.
3. Determine three (3) key ways in which Richard Branson is likely to motivate employees in order to achieve his goals for the Virginia Group. Thoroughly indicate whether or not his approach is likely to work in a different organizational setting. Provide thorough support and explanation for your rationale.
4. Thoroughly assess the effectiveness of Richard Branson’s ability to articulate and communicate his vision for his company to employees and other stakeholders. Provide thorough support and explanation for your rationale.
5. Assume that you have received a job offer to be a manager within the Virgin Group. Determine the criteria you would use to evaluate whether Richard Branson’s leadership style is a good fit for you as a manager and what conclusion you may draw about working under this type of leader.
6. Take a position on whether or not you believe Richard Branson is a global leader. Thoroughly justify your position and provide thorough support and explanation for your rationale.
7. Predict Richard Branson’s success as a leader over the next five (5) years. Thoroughly support your prediction.
8. Use at least five (5) high quality academic resources.Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
• The reference page is not included in the required assignment page length.