Initial Discussion Essay - Mental Health
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
1. Identify a health problem or need for health promotion for a particular stage in the life span (choose one of the focus areas from Healthy People 2020). Submit your topic to the instructor for approval. All topics must be approved. See the course calendar for due date.
2. Writing the Paper: You will individually research the topic and apply the information in writing a 2-3 page APA format paper.
a. Select a minimum of three (3) scholarly nursing or research article (published within the last 5 years) related to your topic, which includes health promotion and wellness content. You may need to evaluate several articles before you find ones that are appropriate. For more information on how to choose a scholarly article, see “Library Resources” and “What Is a Scholarly Article” in doc sharing of the e-College shell.
b. Write a 2-3 page paper (excluding the title and reference pages) using the following guidelines:
• Write brief introduction of the topic and why it is important to health promotion.
• Include a description of the topic and the targeted population (include statistics).
• Explain how the project relates to the Healthy People 2020 topic area you have chosen.
• Summarize the articles; include key points or findings from the articles.
• Discuss how you used the information from the articles for your Health Promotion Project. Provide specific examples.
• Describe the approach (es) you developed to educate the target population about the topic. Include specific ways to promote lifestyle changes within the specified population. The approach should be appropriate for target population.
• Write your conclusion and summary.
c. Your paper must follow APA format: include a title page and a reference page; use 12-point Times Roman font and include in-text citations (use citations whenever paraphrasing, using statistics, or quoting from the article). Please refer to your APA manual as a guide for in-text citations and sample reference pages.
d. Use TurnItIn in time to make any edits that might be necessary based on the Similarity Index prior to submitting your paper to your instructor. Consult with your instructor about the acceptable Similarity Index for this paper.
3. General expectations
• All articles must be from nursing or scholarly journals and should include health promotion and wellness content. Articles must be published within the last five (5) years. If you are unsure whether the article is appropriate, ASK. You could lose significant points if the article is not from a scholarly source and/or appropriate to the topic.
• Please ask questions if you need clarification; it is the student’s responsibility to clarify any questions.