CIS 539 Assignment 1 Social Media and Privacy Issues
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Social networks afford individuals the venue and technology to connect with many “friends”, both known and unknown. An individual’s activities on social networks can have security implications, especially if they adversely affect the corporate reputations of their employers. This practice is more obvious on professional social network sites that identify the employee’s employer, such as LinkedIn.
Imagine that you are a CIO of a company. As the CIO, the security and privacy of your organization is one of your primary concerns. It is your responsibility to review the risks and vulnerabilities of social media to your company and provide your employees with guidelines on how to interact with social networking sites, such as Twitter and Facebook, when representing your company.
Write a four to five (4-5) page guidelines for accessing Web 2.0 sites that:
1. Select and describe three (3) social networking sites you are presenting in the context of cloud computing.
2. Examine the risks and vulnerabilities to your employer associated with the social networking sites that you have selected.
3. Summarize the mitigating strategies you would recommend to your CEO that affirm the organization’s privacy and security practice among social network sites.
4. Suggest three (3) ways that your social network policy can protect your employer against:
a. identity theft
c. abusive marketing
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. At least one (1) must be from a professional journal in the IT field. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Compare and contrast private with public clouds.
• Summarize business applications that can migrate to the cloud.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in cloud computing environments.
• Write clearly and concisely about cloud & virtual computing topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.