PCN 540 Week 1 Proposal Research
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
This is the first in a progression of assignments that will move you toward your final research proposal. Refer to the Final Research Proposal document, for information about the final proposal.
Scenario: You are working for a community mental health agency that serves male adolescents aged 14-16 who have received a diagnosis of conduct disorder. You have been asked by your director of clinical training to answer one of the following questions (choose only one):
1. What individual treatment modes have been found to be effective (best practices, evidence-based) for treating this population?
2. What group treatment modes have been found to be effective (best practices, evidence-based) for treating this population?
3. What family treatment modes have been found to be effective (best practices, evidence-based) for treating this population?
Using database searches (e.g., EBSCO), locate at least three resources that provide information to answer your question. Some keywords to try for the search are highlighted in the question (best practices, evidence-based).
Your assignment response will consist of two sections:
1. Submit an annotated bibliography with an entry for each of your resources. Include the references in proper APA format. Write a brief summary highlighting the theory, treatment, intervention, and research methodology discussed in each resource. Use the additional materials for this module to help you in creating your annotated bibliography. There is no minimum required word count or length for your bibliography; however, you should conduct enough research to write the assigned paper (see below), and even more importantly, to write your final research proposal.
2. Based on your readings, write a paper (500-750 words) in which you prepare an answer to your question, citing the resource(s) you used for your answer. Note any gaps in information, special considerations, etc., that you found limited your ability to answer your question.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.