NUR-504 Health Care Research Analysis and Utilization Critique of Research Studies [Part 1, 2, & 3]
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Complete a critique of the quantitative and qualitative articles that were submitted in Module 3.
This assignment will be completed in three parts. Refer to the information below as a guide to the information that should be included in each part.
Follow the guidelines for the quantitative and qualitative article critiques in Chapter 5, Box 5.2, pages 112-114 and Box 5.3, pages 115-117 of the textbook.
1) Utilize a central heading to indicate that what follows is the critique of the articles.
2) The side headings of the critique for each article should follow the headings in Box 5.2 and 5.3.
3) Note that within these BASIC guidelines, there are additional references to Detailed Critiquing Guidelines found in various boxes in chapters focused on the various elements of a research study report. Use these to expand the research study and to learn specific terminology appropriate to the critique of research.
When turning in the final submission, please put in the following order: Quantitative Article Critique, Qualitative Article Critique, References (should include the two articles, the text, and any other additional sources).
Critique of Research Studies – Part 1: Due Module 4
For Part 1 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Title • Title
• Abstract • Abstract
• Introduction • Introduction
o Statement of the problem o Statement of the problem
o Hypotheses or research questions o Research questions
o Literature review o Literature review
o Conceptual/theoretical framework o Conceptual underpinnings
Critique of Research Studies – Part 2: Due Module 6
For Part 2 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Method • Method
o Protection of human rights o Protection of participants’ rights
o Research design o Research design and research tradition
o Population and sample o Sample and setting
o Data collection and measurement o Data collection
o Procedures o Procedures
o Enhancement of trustworthiness
Critique of Research Studies - Part 3: Due Module 8
For Part 3 of the critique, focus only on the following segments for each article:
• Results • Results
o Data analysis o Data analysis
o Findings o Findings
• Discussion o Theoretical integrations
o Interpretation of findings • Discussion
o Implications/recommendations o Interpretation of the findings
• Global Issues o Implications/recommendations
o Presentation • Global Issues
o Researcher credibility o Presentation
o Summary assessment o Researcher credibility
o Summary assessment