Digital Chapter Package #5: Physical Therapy ~ Dilator Use
Chapter selections from the DVD Healing the Pain 'Down There': A Guide for Females with Persistent Genital & Sexual Pain.
These specific chapters are great for Physical Therapists and Women's Health Care Providers to recommend to their patients looking for support and guidance at home in the use of dilators to desensitize pain responses in the pelvis for decreasing pain with sexual intercourse.
Also great for girls and women who may not have access to specialized women's health physical therapy in their area but are experiencing symptoms of painful sex, pelvic pain, or genital pain and looking for specific guidance and instruction in the use of dilators to desensitize pain responses in the pelvis for decreasing pain with sexual intercourse.
**Do not use any of the concepts or techniques, or apply any of the information you have received from Pain 'Down There' without first consulting your doctor. If you wish to apply concepts, techniques or ideas contained in the Content, do so only after consultation and with the approval of your doctor. By applying the concepts, techniques and ideas contained in the Content, you acknowledge, understand, and expressly agree, that you are doing so after consultation with your doctor and have obtained his/her approval to do so.
Chapters & Handouts in this Package:
- Chapter 1: Welcome Message 7:06
Hear from the Chronic Pelvic Pain sufferer who will walk this journey with you.
- Chapter 6: The Pelvic Floor: An Overview 8:37
Introduction to the physical therapy component of healing sexual pain. Learn about the treshold of pain and how to move it.
- Chapter 7: Posture and Breathing: The Abdomen 9:05
How to relax the abdomen before dilator use.
- Chapter 8: Posture and Breathing: The Pelvic Floor 6:46
How to relax the pelvic floor before dilator use.
- Chapter 21: Dilator Therapy: Our Body's Natural Response to Pain 3:01
Introduction to vaginal dilator use for breaking the body's cylce of pain.
- Chapter 22: Dilator Therapy: Using Medical Grade Dilators 10:23
How to set up your space and yourself for dilator work and how to get started.
- Chapter 23: Dilator Therapy: Layer One 7:18
Addressing the first layer of the pelvic floor.
- Chapter 24: Dilator Therapy: Layer Two 5:18
Addressing the second layer of the pelvic floor.
- Chapter 25: Getting Advanced 2:35
When and how to simulate sex.
- Chapter 26: Dilator Therapy: Progressing Up 1:41
Progressing to the next size dilator.
- Chapter 27: Resuming Sex 1:28
When and how to resume sex.
- Chapter 28: Dilator Therapy: Tips 1:10
Additional dilator use tips for combining techniques and incorporating other positions.
- Chapter 29: Dilator Therapy: Cleaning the Dilators 2:38
Cleaning and storage of the dilators. How to increase scar tissue mobility after pelvic surgeries.
- Chapter 31: Ongoing Treatment 8:48
Managing your ongoing treatment to maintain healthy pelvic function.
- Chapter 30: Prevention: Sports Related Injury 3:44
Preventing chronic pelvic pain disorders in young women.
- Vaginal Canal Map:
For use with the chapter content in mapping your vaginal pain and progress. Make more copies for your continued personal use.
- Example of a Completed Vaginal Canal Map:
For use with the chapter content. Gives an example of how to complete a vaginal canal map.
- Orthopedic Considerations for Sexual Activity:
Sexual positions for you to consider when returning to sex. Provided by Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute, copyright 2010.