PROJ 592 Week 6 Quiz, 02 Sets
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
PROJ 592 Week 6 Quiz
1. TCO B) Crashing Problem Using the network below and the additional information provided, find: (a) The crash cost per day per activity. (b) Which activities should be crashed to meet a project deadline of 12 days at minimum cost? (c) What is the extra cost to crash the project?
2. (TCO F) We have discussed at length the Earned Value Management process. I am sure all of you have used the traditional process of assessing projects where we compare actual dollars spent to the amount we had planned to spend. This was quick and easy, but it has its shortcomings, and the Earned Value Management process is said to be better. (a) Why is this traditional approach different from using earned value when assessing project performance? (b) What are some of the basic requirements for the project plan in order for EVM to be able to work?
3. (TCO E) The following information is extracted from a project to develop a state of the art alternative power energy storage device: The Owner has stipulated that in order to provide continuity throughout the project, the same individual must handle all activities under his or her discipline. Activities on this project cannot be split. (a) Identify any resource conflicts in the above project. State the activities involved, the time frame of the conflict(s), which resources(s) are involved, and the quantity required. (b) Given the owner's stipulation regarding project continuity and the need to minimize project duration, how can this conflict be resolved? What will be the effect on the project duration?
4. (TCO F) The following data were obtained from an Information Systems project to upgrade and expand a Local Area Network: (a) Calculate the Cost and Schedule Variances and Indexes for tasks A, B, C, D, and E. (b) As project manager, write a brief summary of the status of the project at this time
5. (TCO E) We have all been associated with projects with resource problems. As a project manager, you will be responsible for resolving these problems. Remember, resources are human and otherwise. If you can name it, it may be a resource. (a) When there are not enough resources available to fill all the needs in the project plan, what are some specific remedies a project manager can take to complete the project. How does each of these affect the project plan and performance? (b) Describe 5 of the many benefits to resource leveling.