PROJ 586 Final Exam 2
PROJ 586 Final Exam 2
1. (TCO A) In a _____ organization, the project manager does not have complete authority over the project team.
2. (TCO H) What is the longest phase of the project life cycle?
3. (TCO B) A(n) _____ is defined as a piece of work that consumes time.
4. (TCO D) All of the following are risk response types except _____.
5. (TCO F) The two most common types of project reports are _____.
6. (TCO C) The _____ time is the latest time by which a particular activity must be finished in order for the entire project to be completed by its required completion time.
7. (TCO G) Which of the following is not an advantage of using project management software?
8. (TCO A) Projects are identified and selected in the _____.
9. (TCO C) In addition to showing the technical constraints among activities, how does the network diagram logic also take into account resource constraints?
10. (TCO F) The budget for each work package is _____.
11. (TCO F) The _____ for the entire project or for each work package provides a baseline against which actual cost and work performance can be compared at any time during the project.
12. (TCO C) Calculate the earliest start for Task B if its predecessor, Task A, finishes on day 3 and the duration of Task B is 2 days.
1. (TCO B) Describe the benefits of including the people who will be involved in performing the project when planning the project.
2. (TCO E) Part 1: Discuss some types of conflict that might arise during a project. Part 2: Describe two examples that have these types of conflict.
3. (TCO C) A project to remodel an office area has the following activities. a) What are the critical path activities? b) What is the project's scheduled completion time? c) What is the slack or float for Activity B? Show your calculations. d) What is the slack or float for Activity C? Show your calculations. e) What is the slack or float for Activity E? Show your calculations. f) What is the slack or float for Activity H? Show your calculations.
4. (TCO A) Part 1: Compare and contrast the responsibilities of a functional manager and a project manager in a pure project-type organization. Part 2: A company builds state-of-the-art barges for riverboat companies. Which organization structure is the most suitable? Why? Part 3: An organization builds custom greenhouses for desert-climate cities. Which organization structure is the most suitable? Why?
5. (TCO D) A firm hosts data-mining servers and performs data mining for other companies that do not desire the costs of hardware, software, or expertise to data mine their data. The firm is planning to roll out faster data-mining software that will reduce the time to sift through customers' data by a fraction of the present time. Part 1: List and discuss the major risk-management functions from a project-management perspective for the data-mining software project. Part 2: Describe a risk event, the consequences, and the risk-response plan for the data-mining software project.
6. (TCO F) Analyze and compare the performance of the following two projects in terms of cost, schedule, and efficiency. Make sure to show your calculations and analyze and explain the results. (Note: Providing just numbers will receive only partial credit.) Project A: The budgeted cost of work performed is $72,000, and the actual cost of work performed is $75,000. The budgeted cost of work scheduled is $73,000. Project B: The budgeted cost of work performed is $48,000, and the actual cost of work performed is $100,000. The budgeted cost of work scheduled is $122,000.
7. (TCO B) Based upon the results of traffic-load forecasts, a state department of transportation has decided to proceed with the design and construction of a new highway. However, prior to starting design work, a funding proposal must be prepared that justifies the design and construction expense. If the proposal is approved, a detailed survey will be performed on the proposed right of way (ROW). After the survey is completed, ROW clearance activities will be performed that include utility relocation, easement acquisition,.........
8. (TCO B) You are reaching the end of your graduate-school program, and you are planning a large party to celebrate your success! You have rented out the local forest preserve as the venue for your party. Applying your project-management skills, you want to ensure you have everything planned out, and you’ve asked your family and friends to be a part of your team to hold this party. At your party, you have made it clear to your team what you want to have delivered.