NETW 585 Midterm Exam
NETW 585 Week 4 Midterm Exam
1. (TCO A) When working on a design, what are some of the typical business goals you can expect to find for today's organizations? Why is it important for you to identify these?
2. (TCO A) What are the main phases of network design per the PDIOO approach often taught by Cisco?
3. (TCO B) When analyzing protocol behavior and traffic load, explain the difference between relative and absolute network utilization.
4. (TCO B) What factors do you look for to help you decide if the existing network can effectively support new enhancements?
5. (TCO C) Define the five types of network management processes according to the ISO.
6. (TCO C) What are some advantages and disadvantages of using centralized network management versus distributed network management?
7. (TCO C) What are some advantages and disadvantages of using in-band network management versus out-of-band network management?
8. (TCO C) List and explain the function of all three layers of Cisco's hierarchical network design.
9. (TCO D) Discuss connectivity technologies for supporting remote users. Be sure to compare and contrast them and talk about at least three different ones.
10. (TCO D) What are some characteristics you will want to consider when selecting network devices for your design? List at least five.