MGMT 410 Midterm Exam 1
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
MGMT 410 Midterm Exam
1. (TCO 1) HRM typically provides which of these types of training to temporary employees?
2. (TCO 1) How has technology changed HRM practices?
3. (TCO 2) Jonathan, a VP for Human Resources, is evaluating the extent to which the hiring and employment practices in his organization are in compliance with federal and state laws. Which type of external influences that impact HRM is Jonathan considering?
4. (TCO 2) To assist the organization in its strategic direction, which of the following must an HRM manager not do?
5. (TCO 3) Significant equal employment (civil rights) legislation includes all of the following except:
6. (TCO 3) If you were Vice-President of Human Resources for a large organization, how could you find out if disparate impact was occurring in your organization?
7. (TCO 3) All of these statements about the 1991 Civil Rights Act are accurate except:
8. (TCO 4) The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 requires all of the following except:
9. (TCO 4) All of the following actions are suggested to help managers discipline more effectively by helping employees focus on their behavior and how to improve it except the following:
10. (TCO 4) Carol was forced to take a lie detector test about a workplace violence incident. During the course of questioning, she became very upset and emotional. Carol asked the questioner to stop. He refused to discontinue the test. What action can be taken?
11. (TCO 5) During a job analysis, which of these tasks are performed?
12. (TCO 5) Brad is comparing various job analysis methods. He is looking for the best job analysis method. As a consultant, you advise Brad that he should choose
13. (TCO 5) Job descriptions are written statements of:
14. (TC0 6) Mark, an Information Technology specialist for a large firm, is at a party with some friends from college. He runs into Duffy, a fellow computer science major, and asks, Why don't you come to work with us? You were at the top of the class in school............?
15. (TCO 6) A good recruiting program is indicated by which of the following?
16. (TCO 6) Youan, a recruiter, is trying to identify the different constraints that may impact his recruiting efforts. Which of the following is not a major constraint on recruiting efforts?
17. (TCO 7) Which of these steps may be performed after a conditional job offer is made to an applicant?
18. (TCO 7) All of the following would be likely to cause the HR person to remove an applicant from the pool during the initial screening of the selection process except
19. (TCO 7) What advice does your text give to organizations that want to use employment testing.........?
20. (TCO 8) Training should be performed in which of these situations?
21. (TCO 8) Which of the following is not true regarding a learning organization?
22. (TCO 8) The andragogical model of teaching makes assumptions of the learner except the following:
23. (TCO 9) Mark had an internship as an undergraduate in a regional planning office that confirmed his major in Economics. He went on to law school and today is starting a job in a real estate development firm. He arranges his desk, looks at his parking and employee identification cards, shines..........
24. (TCO 9) Millie attended her college reunion. She told her former roommate about work during the last year. She continued to work for her employer of 30 years, now finally realizing she doesn't have.............
25. (TCO 9) A deliberate mentor process for management development provides all of the following advantages to an organization except
26. (TCO 3) Sexual harassment occurs between two people only. The company should not be held liable for the actions of a few wayward supervisors. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain.
27. (TCO 9) Do you think a person's age and career stage evolve together? Why or why not?
28. (TCO 7) "Even though interviews have been widely criticized, they are heavily used." Discuss why this selection device still rates very highly when it is known that it can provide unreliable information.