FIN 515 Week 8 Final Exam 3
FIN 515 Week 8 Final Exam 3
1.(TCO A) Which of the following does NOT always increase a company's market value?
2.(TCO F) Which of the following statements is correct?
3. (TCO D) Church Inc. is presently enjoying relatively high growth because of a surge in the demand for its new product. Management expects earnings and dividends to grow at a rate of 25% for the next 4 years, after which competition will probably reduce the growth rate in earnings and dividends to zero, i.e., g = 0. The company's last dividend, D0, was $1.25, its beta is 1.20, the market risk premium is 5.50%, and the risk-free rate is 3.00%. What is the current price of the common stock
4. (TCO G) The ABC Corporation's budgeted monthly sales are $4,000. In the first month, 40% of its customers pay and take the 3% discount. The remaining 60% pay in the month following the sale and don't receive a discount. ABC's bad debts are very small and are excluded from this analysis. Purchases for next month's sales are constant each month at $2,000. Other payments for wages, rent, and taxes are constant at $500 per month. Construct a single month's cash budget with the information given. What is the average cash gain or (loss) during a typical month for the ABC Corporation?
5. (TCO G) Howton & Howton Worldwide (HHW) is planning its operations for the coming year, and the CEO wants you to forecast the firm's additional funds needed (AFN). The firm is operating at full capacity. Data for use in the forecast are shown below. However, the CEO is concerned about the impact of a change in the payout ratio from the 10% that was used in the past to 50%, which the firm's investment bankers have recommended. Based on the AFN equation, by how much would the AFN for the coming year change if HHW increased the payout from 10% to the new and higher level? All dollars are in millions. Last year's sales = S0 $300 Last year's accounts payable $50 Sales growth rate = g 40% Last year's notes payable $15 Last year's total assets = A0* $500 Last year's accruals $20 Last year's profit margin = PM 20% Initial payout ratio 10%
1. (TCO H) The Dewey Corporation has the following data, in thousands. Assuming a 365-day year, what is the firm's cash conversion cycle? Annual sales = Annual cost of goods sold = Inventory = Accounts receivable = Accounts payable = $45,000 $31,500 $4,000 $2,000 $2,400
2. (TCO C) Bumpas Enterprises purchases $4,562,500 in goods per year from its sole supplier on terms of 2/15, net 50. If the firm chooses to pay on time but does not take the discount, what is the effective annual percentage cost of its nonfree trade credit? (Assume a 365-day year.)
3. (TCO E) You were hired as a consultant to the Quigley Company, whose target capital structure is 35% debt, 10% preferred, and 55% common equity. The interest rate on new debt is 6.50%, the yield on the preferred is 6.00%, the cost of common from retained earnings is 11.25%, and the tax rate is 40%. The firm will not be issuing any new common stock. What is Quigley's WACC?
4. (TCO B) Leak Inc. forecasts the free cash flows (in millions) shown below. If the weighted average cost of capital is 11% and FCF is expected to grow at a rate of 5% after Year 2, what is the Year 0 value of operations, in millions? Assume that the ROIC is expected to remain constant in Year 2 and beyond (and do not make any half-year adjustments). Year: 1 2 Free cash flow: -$50 $100
5. (TCO G) Based on the corporate valuation model, the value of a company's operations is $1,200 million. The company's balance sheet shows $80 million in accounts receivable, $60 million in inventory, and $100 million in short-term investments that are unrelated to operations. The balance sheet also shows $90 million in accounts payable, $120 million in notes payable, $300 million in long-term debt, $50 million in preferred stock, $180 million in retained earnings, and $800 million in total common equity. If the company has 30 million shares of stock outstanding, what is the best estimate of the stock's price per share.