BSOP 326 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
BSOP 326 Week 8 Final Exam
1. TCO 1) Which of the following factors allowed Frederick Taylor's scientific management philosophy to work well at the turn of the 20th century?
2. (TCO 1) Which of the following stakeholders require companies to make long-term commitments to, in the context of total quality?
3. (TCO 2) Which of the following practices would NOT be found in a TQM company?
4. (TCO 2) Which of the following is NOT a purpose of final product inspection?
5. (TCO 3) In which of the following categories can companies receive a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award?
6. (TCO 3) ISO 9000 recertification is required every _____.
7. (TCO 4) _____ considered top management's commitment to quality an absolute necessity for TQM.
8. (TCO 4) The primary reason for Deming's position that slogans should be eliminated is which of the following?
9. (TCO 5) Measurable performance levels that define the quality of customer contact with an organization's representatives are known as which of the following?
10. (TCO 5) Which of the following relates to the net present value of the customer?
11. (TCO 6) A _____ is an approach that integrates an organization's major goals, policies, and action sequences into a cohesive whole.
12. (TCO 6) That the leaders develop the ability to inspire their subordinates to exert extraordinary efforts to achieve organizational goals is suggested by the _____ theory of leadership:
13. (TCO 7) Which of the following would not be considered a leading practice in human resource management?
14. (TCO 7) GE's "Work-Out" program is an example of _____.
15. (TCO 8) The key stages of a team's life cycle include which of the following?
16. (TCO 8) In firms that implement Six Sigma efforts, _____ are often targeted as future leaders.
17. (TCO 9) Which of the following is not part of a process control system?
18. (TCO 9) All the following are reasons for high error rates in manual inspection, except for _____.
19. (TCO 10) During Final Inspection at a shirt manufacturer, more than 1,500 shirts were found with incorrect buttons. The manufacturer sold the shirts at 70 percent of the normal price to a retailer who specializes in factory seconds. The revenue lost by the manufacturer is considered which of the following?
20. (TCO 10) The additional labor that is used when a machined part is returned to the drilling department for rework to correct a quality problem is considered which of the following?
21. (TCO 11) The Deming cycle is based on the premise that improvement comes from which of the following?
22. (TCO 11) Which of the following was NOT illustrated by the Red Bead Experiment?
23. (TCO 12) Which of the following constitutes an approach to reducing sampling error?
24. (TCO 12) Determine the upper control limit (UCL) and lower control limit (LCL) for an X-Bar chart if six samples of subgroup size 6 (n=6) were collected, and the mean of the sample averages is 4.7 and mean of the sample ranges is 0.35.
25. (TCO 12) Twenty samples of subgroup size 6 (n=6) were collected for a variable measurement. Determine the upper control limit (UCL) and lower control limit (LCL) for an R-chart if the mean of the sample ranges equals 4.4.
26. (TCO 13) Which of the following are the phases of the Six Sigma problem solving approach?
27. (TCO 14) Current research suggests leadership will have to change from:
1. (TCO 3) Answer the following questions concerning ISO 9000:
1. Discuss the basic premise behind ISO 9000. (10 points)
2. Discuss three of the five objectives of ISO 9000. (10 points)
3. Discuss the three documents that make up ISO 9000. (10 points)
2. (TCO 4) Answer the following three parts relating Peter Scholtes's observations in regard to the failure to understand Deming's Profound Knowledge, which can result in severe problems.
1. Discuss what happens when people do not understand variation. (10 points)
2. Discuss what happens when people do not understand systems. (10 points)
3. Discuss what happens when people do not understand psychology. (10 points)
3. (TCO 14) Answer the following questions concerning cultural change and the workforce:
1. Discuss three of the five behaviors that Juran and others suggest are needed to develop quality cultural change. (10 points)
2. Discuss ownership at the workforce level and why it is important to the implementation of TQM. (10 points)
3. Discuss how increased ownership requires increased sharing of information. (10 points)