QRB 501 Final Exam 4
QRB 501 Final Exam
1) Write the following as an algebraic expression using x as the variable: Triple a number subtracted from the number
2) Write the following as an algebraic expression using x as the variable: Five more than the product of 7 and a number
3) Write the following as an algebraic expression using x as the variable: Twelve less than six times a number
4) Solve: –9 + 18 ÷ –3(–6)
5) Solve: -3 – (-2 + 4) - 5
6) Solve: (–5)2 • (9 – 17)2 ÷ (–10)2
7) Identify the variable, constant, and coefficient of the expression: 10k – 15
8) Identify the variable, constant, and coefficient of the expression: 3p
9) Identify the variable, constant, and coefficient of the expression: –6g + 9
10) Solve the system of equations: 3x – 5y = 7 2x + 3y = 30
11) Solve the system of equations: 3x + 2y = 18 y = 3x
12) Solve the system of equations: 3x = 7 – y 2y = 14 – 6x
13) The Manager of Engineering reported that the industrial production index was 135. What does this production mean?
14) Which of the following is true of an index?
15) A man earned $80,000 when the Consumer Price Index was 200. What were his earnings in terms of $2,000 if the base period was 2000?
16) What happens as we increase the number of classes in a histogram?
17) What is the term for a number of observations in a class in a frequency distribution?
18) Why are unequal class intervals sometimes used in a frequency distribution?
19) What is the slope of the line: 3x – y = 6
20) What is the slope of the line: 2y + 8x = 26
21) What is the slope of the line: 5y – x = 10
22) Which statement is true of the y-intercept in the linear regression model?
23) Which statement is true of a regression line that is superimposed on the scatter plot?
24) The number of hours spent studying appears to be highly correlated with the grade students earn in a class. Which variable would be the dependent variable in a linear regression analysis?
25) When the interest rate is positive, what happens to the value of money as we move from the future to the present?
26) When interest is compounded, the total time period is subdivided into several interest periods, for example 1 year, 3 months, 1 month. How does compound interest affect the future value of an investment?
27) Since money has the ability to earn interest, its value increases with time. What affects the future value of an investment more, the interest rate or the time the investment is held?
28) What is class frequency?
29) Which of the following is NOT a guideline for a frequency distribution?
30) What does the horizontal axis of a line chart represent?
31) What is the relationship among the mean, median, and mode in a symmetric distribution?
32) Which measures of central tendency are not affected by extremely low or extremely high values?
33) What is a disadvantage of using range as a measure of dispersion?
34) Which of the following is true regarding the normal distribution?
35) What percentage of observations of a normal distribution is represented by the mean plus or minus 1.96 standard deviations?
36) Which of the following is true in a normal distribution?