QRB 501 Final Exam 2
QRB 501 Final Exam
1) Write the following as an algebraic expression using x as the variable: Twelve less than six times a number
2) Write the following as an algebraic expression using x as the variable: The sum of a number and -8
3) Write the following as an algebraic expression using x as the variable: Triple a number subtracted from the number
4) Solve: (–5)2 • (9 – 17)2 ÷ (–10)2
5) Solve: 3(-19 + 4) ÷ -5
6) Solve: –9 + 18 ÷ –3(–6)
7) Identify the variable, constant, and coefficient of the expression: 10k – 15
8) Identify the variable, constant, and coefficient of the expression: 3p
9) Identify the variable, constant, and coefficient of the expression: x – y
10) Solve the system of equations: 3x = 7 – y, 2y = 14 – 6x
11) Solve the system of equations: 3x + y = –7, x – y = –5
12) Solve the system of equations: 4x + 3y = 1, 3x + 2y = 2
13) A man earned $80,000 when the Consumer Price Index was 200. What were his earnings in terms of $2,000 if the base period was 2000?
14) Which of the following is true of an index?
15) Which of the following is true of a base period for an index number?
16) What happens as we increase the number of classes in a histogram?
17) On which axis is time plotted on a simple line chart?
18) Why are unequal class intervals sometimes used in a frequency distribution?
19) What is the slope of the line: 2y + 8x = 26
20) What is the slope of the line: 36x – 9y = 15
21) What is the slope of the line: 3x – y = 6
22) Which statement is true of a regression line that is superimposed on the scatter plot?
23) Which of the following is observed in a scatter plot when there is an inverse relationship between x and y?
24) The number of hours spent studying appears to be highly correlated with the grade students earn in a class. Which variable would be the dependent variable in a linear regression analysis?
25) Since money has the ability to earn interest, its value increases with time. What affects the future value of an investment more, the interest rate or the time the investment is held?
26) What happens to the future value of money when the inflation rate exceeds the interest rate?
27) What is the principal balance if the principal plus interest at the end of 1.5 years is $3,360 at an annual interest rate of 8%?
28) How is a frequency distribution converted to a relative frequency distribution?
29) How is the class midpoint calculated?
30) What does the horizontal axis of a line chart represent?
31) Which measures of central tendency are not affected by extremely low or extremely high values?
32) For which measure of central tendency will the sum of the deviations always be zero?
33) Which measure of dispersion represents variation from the mean?
34) Which of the following is true regarding the normal distribution?
35) Which of the following is a characteristic of a normal distribution?
36) What is the proportion of the total area under the normal curve within plus or minus 2 standard deviations?