OPS 571 Sample Final Exam
OPS 571 Final Exam 3
1. Which of the following is true about make-to-stock processes?
2. According to your text, the most common process metric is:
3. ________ is when the activities in the stage must stop because there is no place to deposit the item just completed.
4. According to Hayes and Wheelwright, which of the following is not a major process flow structure?
5. The most important performance dimension for product development projects is
6. The major decision variables in equipment selection are:
7. Quality Function Deployment:
8. Which of the following statements is true about value analysis/value engineering?
9. In which phase of new-product design process are considerations to target market, desired level of performance, investment requirements and financial impact made:
10. Which of the following is not a dimension of design quality?
11. Testing is an example of:
12. Which Quality Guru advocated that senior management is responsible for 94% of quality problems?
13. Independent Demand is:
14. Which of the following statements is true about the Q-system?
15. Which of the following is not an assumption of the basic economic-order quantity model?
16. Which of the following is not a principle of work-center scheduling?
17. The assignment method is appropriate in solving problems that have the following characteristics?
18. The objective of work-center scheduling include(s):
19. The measure of the firm’s ability to make money according to Goldratt include:
20. Goldratt’s rule of production scheduling include all but:
21. According to Goldratt and Fox, a useful performance measure to treat inventory is:
22. The advantages of pure project include all but:
23. Which of the following is not a typical milestone?
24. “Slack” refers to the difference between:
25. Which of the following statements are true about time-series forcasting?
26. Which of the following product promotional activities would probably help make the supply chain more efficient?
27. According to Hau Lee, which of the following types of products need to be delivered with efficient supply-chains?
28. Supply-chain response relates to the following?
29. Which of the following statements is not true about capacity management in operations?
30. Capacity utilization rate can be computed as:
31. Lean systems typically require?
32. Which of the following is not true about JIT systems?
33. Which of the following is not an element of JIT?
34. Which of the following would not be classified as a time-series technique?
35. Which phase most closely describes the Delphi forecasting technique?
36. Aggregate planners balance?
37. Which of the following accurately descrives a chase strategy?
38. Which of the following is not a cost relevant to aggregate production planning?
39. Which MRP system input element specifies how many and when the firm plans to build each end item?
40. Which of the following most closely describes net material requirements?
41. Which of the following is not an advantage of MRP?
42. The steps to determining capacity requirements include:
43. Service capacity