MGT 521 Week 6 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
MGT 521 Final Exam 2
1) When a manager makes use of a SWOT analysis, one of his or her objectives is to
2) A company that wants to distinguish itself from the competition in the marketplace is most likely using which of the following strategies?
3) An organization’s ________ goals are official statements of what an organization says its goals are.
4) When planning for unexpected events, a company is using which of the following techniques?
5) The ________ determines the number of levels and managers in an organization.
6) Which of the following is a characteristic of an organic organization?
7) Which of the following is a characteristic of a matrix organization?
8) Searching for new ideas beyond an organization’s boundaries and allowing changes to easily transfer inward and outward is known as ________.
9) Which of the following stages is when the group structure is in place and accepted by the group members?
10) Conflicts can be resolved by satisfying one’s own needs at the expense of others. This conflict- management technique is known as ________.
11) Which of the following statements is true about group decision making?
12) According to the Ohio State studies, which of the following dimensions of leader behavior refers to the extent to which a leader is likely to define and structure his or her role and the roles of group members to meet goals?
13) Which leadership theory is derived from the belief that a leader’s job is to remove pitfalls and roadblocks so followers can achieve their work goals?
14) If Carol Reece is a charismatic leader, which of the following characteristics is she most likely to possess?
15) Indira Patel has been working in her organization’s computer security department for the past 10 years. If another employee follows Indira’s recommendations in a given situation, based on her expertise in computer security, which source of power is Indira using?
16) Melvin manages a team of 10 employees, including Jane and Jared. Jared is leaving the organization to find a job as a manager in another field. Meanwhile, due to performance issues, Melvin terminates Jane’s employment with the company. Both of these are examples of what type of employee behavior?
17) Thomas often annoys his coworkers with his talkativeness and assertive personality. According to the Big Five Model of personality, Thomas would be described as high in the trait of ________.
18) Kelly is interviewing candidates to fill a vacancy on her team. One candidate has a degree from a prestigious university, and Kelly is impressed. In speaking with her fellow members of the interview panel, however, Kelly finds that no one else enjoyed the interview with the candidate, finding her to be pompous, aggressive, and self-serving. In her focus on only the candidate’s education, Kelly may have fallen victim to _______.
19) It is crucial to determine an acceptable _____ during the comparing step in the control process.
20) If a manager rationalizes that he or she does not have time to investigate the source of a problem and instead resorts to putting out fires, the manager is missing the use of ________.
21) Why are feedforward controls more rarely implemented as compared to other types of controls?
22) On Monday, Jim’s Taco Shop identified a problem with tainted ground beef that was used to make tacos and nacho platters for its lunch customers. If the staff at Jim’s did not identify the problem until after the lunch rush, what type of control would this demonstrate?
23) If a firm wanted to identify how much money was being made for each sale of a given product (above and beyond the costs associated with making that product), what type of ratio would it use?
24) Budgets can be used as tools within which two functions of management?
25) The balanced scorecard measures organizational performance against previously established standards. Which of the four functions of management relates most closely to setting these standards?
26) During benchmarking, an organization can compare its processes and products to competitors in its own industry and to noncompetitors outside the industry. What is a main benefit of comparing a firm’s performance against an organization it does not consider a competitor?
27) ________ is defined as a business firm’s intention, beyond its legal and economic obligations, to do the right things and act in ways that are good for society.
28) In the ________ approach of going green, organizations respond to the environmental preferences of customers.
29) What can be said about a manager who believes she worked hard and met her organization’s productivity goals despite unfavorable conditions?
30) Which business practice would likely encourage ethical behavior?