MGT 420 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
MGT 420 Final Exam
1) If you select a physician solely on the reputation of the physician, you are basing your decision of which of the following dimensions of service quality?
2) Which of the following is the most traditional definition of quality?
3) Like engineers, operations managers are very concerned about product and process design. However, rather than focusing on only the technical aspects of those activities, operations concentrates on the __________ of these activities.
4) Which of the following is not an example of a strategic content variable?
5) The role of marketing in design has been to bring the voice of the __________ into the design process.
6) __________ is the process by which a leader influences a group to move toward the attainment of superordinate goals.
7) __________ are teams that work to improve processes and customer service.
8) All of the activities associated with developing a product from concept development to final design and implementation is known as:
9) A firm’s understanding of the customers, their needs, and their wants is referred to as:
10) __________ was widely accepted as the world’s preeminent authority on quality management prior to his death on December 24, 1993 because of his influence on Japanese and American industry.
11) The major theoretical contribution of Kaoru Ishikawa was:
12) The development and dissemination of the basic seven tools of quality was the work of:
13) One of the difficulties in satisfying customer requirements is that in a dynamic environment, customer needs are:
14) The model of reactive customer-driven quality shows:
15) With __________, all work is inspected at each stage of the manufacturing process, and the workers inspect their own work.
16) Your author indicates that although statistical inspection is an important approach to improving quality, it is inherently:
17) The differences between desired levels of performance and actual levels of performance is referred to as the:
18) The core of quality management variables contains:
19) Which of the following is not an example of a strategic content variable?
20) Strategic plan __________ answers the question of what is to be contained in the strategic plan
21) Strategic planning has two important dimensions. These are:
22) _________ allows customers and customers to tie their systems together to enhance planning, and purchasing, and coordination.
23) The three spheres of quality are:
24) The three spheres of quality are quality planning and management, quality assurance, and:
25) Which of the following is a description of the “categorizing” stage of the internal environmental analysis process?
26) The means of generating lists of strengths and weaknesses in the internal environmental analysis process is referred to as:
27) ___________ is the capital that fuels outstanding quality results.
28) ______________ that are used in many companies rely on external validation of quality programs.
29) __________ refers to narrowing down the list of approved suppliers for a single component to just one supplier.
30) A term used to characterize the relationship between suppliers and customers when a high degree of linkages and interdependencies exist is __________.
31) The auditing portion of a supplier development program is referred to as a:
32) A system that aids customer and supplier communication by linking together supplier and customer information systems is referred to as:
33) Which of the following is not one of the primary activities in the value chain?
34) From a quality perspective, an interesting variation of the value chain is the concept of the:
35) Nonvalue chain activities typically have costs but no effect on the customer and are referred to as the:
36) Many companies perform lengthy inspections of their suppliers that involve long-term visits and evaluations. There programs are often called:
37) The supplier development program developed by a Chrysler/Ford/General Motors supplier requirement task force was called:
38) The goals of QS 9000 is to:
39) During the __________ portion of the QS 9000 written standards the supplier examines the steps associated with contracting with its own suppliers.
40) Which Baldrige criteria focuses on how the company establishes strategic direction, and how it sets its tactical action plans to implement the strategic plan.
41) Which Baldrige criteria is used to evaluate the extent to which top management is personally involved in creating and reinforcing goals, values, directions, and customer involvement?
42) Which Baldrige criterion focuses on how a firm assesses the relative importance of product or service functions?