MGT 420 Final Exam Answers
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
MGT 420 Final Exam
1) __________ refers to the propensity for a product to perform consistently over its useful life.
2) Like engineers, operations managers are very concerned about product and process design. However, rather than focusing on only the technical aspects of those activities, operations concentrates on the __________ of these activities.
3) __________ refers to the efficiency with which a product achieves its intended purpose.
4) Which type of power is derived from the possession of special knowledge (or the assumption that a person has special knowledge)?
5) __________ is the process by which a leader influences a group to move toward the attainment of super ordinate goals.
6) __________ goals are those goals that pertain to achieving a higher end that benefits not just the individual, but the group.
7) __________ is concerned with monitoring process capability and process stability.
8) Business cases, process mapping, voice of the customer, change management, and problem/objective statements are used in the ______ Six Sigma process.
9) A firm’s understanding of the customers, their needs, and their wants is referred to as:
10) The three aspects of Juran’s trilogy are:
11) The development and dissemination of the basic seven tools of quality was the work of:
12) Feigenbaum’s primary contribution to quality thinking in America was his assertion that:
13) The model of reactive customer-driven quality shows:
14) Process design in services has traditionally focused on the:
15) The view of the customer that asserts that he or she is a valued asset to be managed is referred to as:
16) Your author indicates that although statistical inspection is an important approach to improving quality, it is inherently:
17) Quality experts agree that quality can be assured only during the:
18) The core of quality management variables contains:
19) Strategic planning has two important dimensions. These are:
20) Strategic planning implies planning for:
21) The ten determinants of service quality as determined by Parasuraman, Zeithamel, and Berry include responsiveness, which involves the willingness or readiness to provide service. This is demonstrated by: MGT/420 Final
22) The three spheres of quality are:
23) _____________ approaches are required to achieve the desired results because quality is not under the purview of any specific group.
24) Hoshin planning or policy deployment provides a framework for achieving alignment through:
25) Which of the following is a description of the “categorizing” stage of the internal environmental analysis process?
26) The means of generating lists of strengths and weaknesses in the internal environmental analysis process is referred to as:
27) The internal environmental analysis process is a four stage process that includes all of the following stages except:
28) A tool used by many firms to differentiate and discriminate among suppliers is called:
29) A term used to characterize the relationship between suppliers and customers when a high degree of linkages and interdependencies exist is __________.
30) External validation measures of quality programs such as the Baldrige criteria and ISO 9001:2000 are referred to as:
31) A system that aids customer and supplier communication by linking together supplier and customer information systems is referred to as:
32) External validation measures of quality programs such as the Baldrige criteria and ISO 9001:2000 are referred to as: MGT 420 final exam answer.
33) Single sourcing:
34) Many companies perform lengthy inspections of their suppliers that involve long-term visits and evaluations. There programs are often called:
35) From a quality perspective, an interesting variation of the value chain is the concept of the:
36) Which of the following is not one of the support activities in the value chain?
37) Which Baldrige criterion requires the applicant to outline what his or her firm is doing in the area of corporate citizenship?
38) The goals of QS 9000 is to:
39) How many winners of the MBNQA can there be each year?
40) Which Baldrige criteria is used to evaluate the extent to which top management is personally involved in creating and reinforcing goals, values, directions, and customer involvement?
41) Which Baldrige criterion focuses on how a firm assesses the relative importance of product or service functions?
42) Which Baldrige criteria focuses on how the company establishes strategic direction, and how it sets its tactical action plans to implement the strategic plan.
MGT 420 Final Exam