MGT 311 Week 5 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
MGT 311 Final Exam
1) Vera’s job in publishing requires her to seek out new writers. She has chosen a bunch of talented writers, but none of them seem to get chosen for publishing. She thinks this has something to do with conflicts in management. How would you describe Vera’s job attitude?
2) Julia is a receptionist at a stockbroker’s office. Her boss just came in and chewed her out for no apparent reason. Julia freaks out and slams her iPad in the garbage. What is the cause of Julia’s reaction?
3) Erin is a customer service rep a social media software company. A customer calls and chews her out because the software is down. She needs to leave her desk to cool down. Why is her anger an emotion and NOT a mood?
4) Incompatibility two or more attitudes or between behavior and attitudes is referred to as?
5) What is the term that describes a person’s connection to their job and their view of self-worth from their work at the job?
6) Some companies require their employees to display a certain type of emotion when performing their job. What term refers to these emotions?
7) Janet must find a writer who can be assigned to an big advertising account. She pours over data from the past performance of her writers. Eventually she chooses a writer that has shown great results on similar accounts. What is the basis for Janet’s choice?
8) What is it called when managerial methods are based on the scientific evidence?
9) A construction manager is spending a great deal of time conducting interviews, due to high turnover rates of skilled workers. Many people quit because the workplace is not safe. Some foreman employees were encouraged to break rules in order to get the job done faster. How can the manager control these bad foremen?
10) Phil is a great salesman who has had a passion for sales since a young age. He recently won a trip to Hawaii for setting a new company sales record. Based on self-determination theory, why did the company recognition and award motivate Phil?
11) Tony is a computer program who is being forced to make a presentation about a project. He loves programming, but this project is going to take up much of his personal time. Based on self-determination theory, why is this presentation reducing Tony's motivation?
12) Glendon is a business graduate who worked at a firm in Spain making a lot of money. The firm was hit by a financial crisis and sent Glendon back home where he makes less money at a non-profit, but is much happier. Which theory explains why Glendon is more happy?
13) Marci was sitting at her desk, when her boss walked in a gave her a bunch of really nice compliments. This made her very happy and satisfied with her career. Marci's boss uses what type of communication?
14) How can manages make sure that employees do not withhold important info by being silent?
15) A CEO sent a super mean email to over 500 managers at his company. What did he do wrong?
16) Araceli works for a large corporation. She never speaks at meetings because employees like to gossip after work. What contextual issue is damaging the performance of Araceli's team?
17) Ayesha is creating a team to build a new prototype. The other two team members have show great success working together in the past. She brings a high level of expertise for this project. Which best describes Ayesha's group?
18) Irma is assigned to a project, but does not like some of the rules that have been set. However, other team members are perfectly fine with rules, so Irma decided to go along. What is this called?
19) Angelina has a cubicle neighbor that talks in a really annoying voice. She decides it’s not even worth talking to this individual. What is this called?
20) What is needed to keep process conflict productive?
21) What is the inherent right of a manager to have orders followed and obeyed?
22) Consider the following actions: reduce costs, cut overhead, speed up decision making, increase flexibility, get closer to customers, and empower employees. What type of strategy is this?
23) What is the term for employees adapting to organizational culture?
24) Imagine if an employee’s expectations do not reconcile with reality… At which stage of socialization is this person going to quit?
25) Your boss offers you a raise for doing additional work. What type of power is this called?
26) How do Political behaviors factor into the workplace?
27) How can a manager leverage the diversity of group, regardless of its actual composition?
28) Workforce programs that focus on diversity can be broken down into 3 steps. What is the third step in the process?
29) Sometime people will resist change. A manager gain their support by letting them contributes to the change process. What is this tactic called?
30) What strategy can quickly gain the support of enemies, but could backfire?