LDR 535 Final Exam
LDR 535 Final Exam
1) According to the path-goal theory, supportive leadership contributes most to subordinate satisfaction and motivation when the task is
2) What is a facilitating condition according to the social contagion theory of charismatic leadership?
3) What is the most common indicator of personal integrity in the theories of ethical leadership?
4) What is the most likely benefit from using participation in decision making?
5) Which decision procedure combines participation with leader control over the final decision?
6) What is the most appropriate strategy for a leader when there is a decision that involves a conflict among the interests of different stakeholders?
7) One of the major determinants of how and why an individual initiates and sustains certain behaviors is based on
8) Perception based on what someone can see, hear, smell, and so forth is called
9) Perception based on interactions among broad socio-cultural factors is called
10) The theory that leads managers to believe that all employees are inherently lazy, lacking desire and ambition is
11) The theory that leads managers to more reality testing around tasks, time, pressures, and so forth, is known as
12) The idea of a hierarchy of needs that includes physiological, security, social, self-esteem, and self-actualization needs was formulated by:
13) What pace and sequencing of desired changes has received research support?
14) Which is most likely to be effective for implementing major change?
15) Which action would be considered a guideline for implementing change?
16) The levels of organization change include
17) The physical/technical layer is:
18) Organizational culture is best described as
19) Which approach to influence culture would be classified as a direct action by a leader?
20) Which two kinds of power have been found to be related most strongly to leader effectiveness in motivating subordinates?
21) Control over information is likely to give a manager power over
22) The status and influence accorded an emergent leader depends primarily on
23) Referent power is most likely to result in which type of influence process?
24) What statement about influence objectives is most accurate?
25) Which influence tactic would most likely be used laterally as compared to downward?
26) Resistance by a subordinate to a change proposed by the boss is best viewed as
27) What is the best way for a CEO to deal with managers in key positions who continue to resist a major change?
28) At which stage of growth is it usually most difficult to change an organization’s culture?
29) Lewin’s three-step change framework consists of these phases
30) For those individuals with lower levels of organizational security, the impact of change has been equated to a process similar to