LDR 531 Final Exam
LDR 531 Final Exam 4
1. What are the three primary determinants of behavior on which organizational behavior focuses?
2. Which behavioral science discipline is most focused on understanding individual behavior?
3. When the team he supports wins the World Cup, Detleb feels a surge of joy, which turns into a feeling of satisfaction that lasts for days. What is one of the reasons that the feeling of satisfaction might be categorized as a mood and not an emotion?
4. Which of the following statements about personality is correct?
5. What does the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator classification of E or I stand for?
6. Which of the following is not generally true?
7. ________ results in a level of performance that is greater than the sum of the individual input.
8. Which of the following helps explain the current popularity of teams?
9. What sort of group is defined by the organization’s structure?
10. What will happen if group cohesiveness is high and performance norms are low?
11. Which of the following was the major finding of Zimbardo’s simulated prison experiment?
12. Which theory differentiates leaders from non leaders by focusing on personal qualities and characteristics?
13. Which of the following statements regarding leadership is true?
14. Leadership is best defined as __________.
15. Which model represents the theory that effective group performance depends on the proper match between a leader’s style and the degree to which the situation gives control to the leader?
16. Three situational criteria identified in the Fiedler model are __________
17. The leadership behaviors identified by the path-goal theory are __________.
18. According to Hersey and Blanchard, readiness encompasses the __________.
19. Which path-goal leadership style leads to greater satisfaction when tasks are ambiguous or stressful?
20. Which of the following is not a primary force for change in organizations?
21. An example of change in competition is __________.
22. The application of direct threats or force on resisters is called __________.
23. Which tactic to overcome resistance to change is a relatively easy way to gain the support of adversaries, but may backfire if the targets become aware of the tactic?
24. Who developed a three-step model for change that included unfreezing, movement, and refreezing?
25. The basis by which jobs are grouped together is termed __________.
26. In the late 1940s, most manufacturing jobs in industrialized countries were being done with high _________.
27. For much of the first half of the 20th century, managers viewed work specialization as __________.
28. Which of the following is not a characteristic of organizational culture?
29. __________ is a shared system of meaning held by the organization’s members that distinguishes the organization from other organizations.
30. Leaders achieve goals, and power is __________.
31. The most important aspect of power is probably that it __________.