LDR 531 Final Exam Answers
LDR 531 Final Exam 3
1).Which of the following is best defined as a consciously coordinated social unit, composed of two or more people, which functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals?
2) Over the past 2 decades, business schools have added required courses on organizational design to many of their curricula. Why have they done this?
3) Robert Katz identified three essential skills that managers must have to reach their goals. What are these skills?
4) __________ is a field of study that investigates the effect that individuals, groups, and structures have on behaviour within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization’s effectiveness.
5) What do the fundamental consistencies underlying the behaviour of all individuals enable researchers to do?
6) Which of the following is a generic term that covers a broad range of feelings that people experience?
7) What term is used for intense feelings that are directed at someone or something?
8) If personality characteristics were completely dictated by __________, they would be fixed at birth and no amount of experience could alter them.
9) Which of the following are classifications on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?
10) Maria is dissatisfied with the way that her manager treats her. She has quit her job and found a new position with another firm. How has she expressed her dissatisfaction?
11) You quietly continue to do your work when you know things will not improve. This is what type of response to dissatisfaction?
12) A group
13) __________ results in a level of performance that is greater than the sum of the individual input.
14) What happens in the second stage of Tuckman's five stage model of group development?
15) Zach is devout and very active in his church. He is also a very dedicated employee. His manager offers him a promotion, but the new role will require him to work Sundays. Zach would like the promotion, but realizes that it would force him to miss some church activities. It is likely that Zach is experiencing which of the following:
16) Which role focuses on bringing about order and consistency by drawing up formal plans?
17) Which statement regarding leadership is true?
18) What are three situational criteria identified in the Fiedler model?
19) The reconceptualization of the contingency model by Garcia and Fiedler is called _____ theory.
20) Which path-goal leadership style leads to greater satisfaction when tasks are ambiguous or stressful?
21) According the Path-Goal Theory, what leader is friendly and shows concern for the needs of followers?
22) Phrases such as “more cultural diversity,” “many new entrants with inadequate skills,” and “increase in professionals” are all examples of what force for change?
23) What is a goal of planned change?
24) Using covert influence to overcome resistance to change is called what?
25) If individuals resisting change are included in making change decisions in an attempt to gain their support, what is this approach is called?
26) Which of the following is a characteristic of organizational control?
27) What term describes the key characteristic of organizational control that addresses the degree to which employees are expected to exhibit precision?
28) Power is
29) Leaders achieve goals, and power is
30) The most important aspect of power is probably that it _____.