HRM 531 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
HRM 531 Final Exam 2
1) Distrust, disrespect, and animosity pertain to which component of indirect costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress?
2) Inventory shrinkages and accidents pertain to which component of direct costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress?
3) Thousands of equal-pay lawsuits have been filed, predominantly by ___________ since the Equal Pay Act of 1963 was passed.
4) What term refers to those actions appropriate to overcome the effects of past or present policies, practices, or other barriers to equal employment opportunity?
5) In the employment context, _______________ can be viewed broadly as giving an unfair advantage or disadvantage to the members of a particular group in comparison with the members of other groups.
6) Thousands of equal-pay suits have been filed, predominantly by ___________ since the Equal Pay Act of 1963 was passed
7) Which of the following observations is correct?
8) Which of the following would you associate with managing diversity?
9) "To be the world's best quick-service restaurant" is an example of what?
10) _________ is a job analysis method that lists tasks or behaviors and involves workers rating each task or behavior in terms of whether or not it is performed. If the task is performed, workers also rate the frequency, importance, level of difficulty, and relationship to overall performance.
11) Recruitment begins by specifying _____, which are the typical results of job analysis and workforce planning activities
12) The step following recruitment is _____, which is basically a rapid, rough selection process.
13) During the _____ stage, it is most important to select the managers who can develop stable management systems to preserve the gains achieved during the embryonic stage.
14) Increasing an individual's employability outside the company simultaneously increases his or her job security and desire to stay with the current employer. What is this known as?
15) Which is a characteristic of the most effective training practices?
16) Which analysis is helpful in determining the special needs of a particular group, such as older workers, women, or managers at different levels?
17) Providing adequate resources to get a job done right and on time, and paying careful attention to selecting employees, are parts of
18) This can be thought of as a compass that indicates a person's actual direction as well as a person's desired direction
19) What would you call a meeting that is typically done once a year to identify and discuss job-relevant strengths and weaknesses of individuals or work teams?
20) When managing careers, what should organizations do?
21) A sequence of positions occupied by a person during the course of a lifetime is characteristic of what type of career?
22) In the new world of career management, the primary goal is to provide which of the following for employees?
23) At a broad level, _____ includes anything an employee values and desires that an employer is able and willing to offer in exchange for employee contributions.
24) This benefit, tied mostly to profitability and promising better job security, but not guaranteeing it, is at the center of the evolving bonus system.
25) Financial rewards include direct payments plus indirect payments in the form of what?
26) Which law offers full coverage for retirees, dependent survivors, and disabled persons insured by 40 quarters of payroll taxes on their past earnings or earnings of heads of households?
27) Plans are known as _____ when the employees share in the cost of the premiums.
28) Which type of justice refers to the quality of interpersonal treatment that employees receive in their everyday work?
29) Procedural justice affects citizenship behaviors by influencing employees' perceptions of _____, the extent to which the organization values employees’ general contributions and cares for their well being.
30) When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar to their customers, those companies then realize they have increased their _____ diversity.