HRM 531 Final Exam Answers
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
HRM 531 Final Exam 1
1. When conduction a performance feedback discussion, active listening requires:
2. Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information
3. In _____, workers have been fired for refusing to quit smoking, for living with someone without being married, drinking a competitor’s product, motorcycling, and other legal activities outside of work.
4. In determining the competitiveness of benefits, senior management tends to focus mainly on
5. When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar to their customers, those companies then realize they have increased their _____ diversity.
6. Properly designed incentive programs work because they are based on two well-accepted psychological principles: (1) increased motivation improves performance and (2) \
7. To avoid legal difficulties related to performance appraisals and enhance credibility in court, employers should
8. Employee demotions usually involve.
9. If objective performance data are available, which of the following is the best strategy to use?
10 _____ implies that appraisal systems are easy for managers and employees to understand and use.
11 _____ analysis is the level of analysis that focuses on employees specifically.
12 Hard quotas
13 This made extensive changes to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) of 1974 that governs employer-sponsored, qualified (for tax deferral) retirement-benefit plans.
14. Training that results in ______ is costly because of the cost of training (which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
15 ____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
16 _____ proceeds from an oral warning to a written warning to a suspension to dismissal.
17 Which is not a quality of Generation Y?
18 A _____ occurs when parties are unable to move further toward settlement.
19 Which question should not be important in evaluating the value of training?
20.If employers fail to check closely enough on a prospective employee who then commits a crime in the course of performing his or her job duties, they can be held liable for
21 What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot?
22 ___________ is the process where managers provide feedback to the employees regarding their past and present job performance proficiency, as well as a basis for improving performance in the future.
23. Which of the following is a distinctive feature of the U.S. system compared with other countries?
24. What is our country’s income maintenance program?
25. For organizations, _________ is an indirect cost associated with downsizing.
26 Title VII of the _____________ states that top executives in companies receiving government support can retract bonuses, retention awards, or incentives paid to the top five senior executive officers or the next 20 most highly compensated employees based on corporate information that is later found to be inaccurate.
27 Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can begin actually doing the work, she must complete a series of activities including role playing and virtual reality interactions. What type of training method does Mary’s new employer use?
28. Organizations periodically turn to _________ to meet demands for talent brought about by business growth and a desire for fresh ideas, or to replace employees who leave.
29 ________________ include everything in a work environment that enhances a worker’s sense of self-respect and esteem by others.
30 The Civil Rights Act of 1991 offered what for victims of unintentional discrimination?