ETH 316 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
ETH 316 Final Exam 3
MATCHING: Using the referenced Key Terms and Definitions below, answer questions 1 through 3:
Reference: Matching Key Terms and Definitions
b) Primary stakeholder
c) Secondary stakeholder
1. Business partners, customers, and employees.
2. An interest, claim, or right to something.
3. Opinion formers, community, and authorities.
4. Organization cultures vary widely, even within the same industry.
5. According to the authors, ethical behavior is defined as:
6. The ___________ approach to ethical decision making focuses on how people actually make ethical decisions.
7. According to a survey of executives, most respondents would rather lie to employees about performance than confront them about performance problems.
8. The Tailhook scandal is an example of:
9. According to the Executive Ethical Leadership Reputation Matrix, ___________ is an executive characterized as a weak “moral person” and a strong “moral manager.” MATCHING: Using the referenced Key Terms and Definitions below, answer questions 10 through 13: Reference: Matching Ethical Type to Example
10. Accepting a bribe.
11. Discriminating against an employee.
12. A product is unsafe for human consumption.
13. Providing a personal reference on corporate letterhead.
14. Managers at the top levels of an organization report feeling the most pressured to compromise their ethics.
15. Which of the following is true?
16. Which of the following is false?
17. Before the beginning of the twentieth century, consumers did not have the right to sue manufacturers.
18. ___________ understand and follow the rules and policies of the organization. They also have good ethical compasses.
19. Most business managers rely on a deontological approach.
20. According to the Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) pyramid, the __________ responsibility is considered to be of primary importance to organizations.
21. According to cognitive moral development theory, individuals move to a higher reasoning stage:
22. Groupthink occurs when:
23. In this example of a conflict of interest, ________ conducted a series of off-the- books partnerships that were used to hide the organization’s debt and inflate its stock price. The partnerships were managed by the company’s executives who stood to profit the most from the transactions.
24. When communicating a code of conduct:
25. Federal law prohibits discrimination against individuals with specific characteristics. Which of the following characteristics is not on that list (i.e. not protected under Federal law)?
26. Corporate social responsibility (CSR) consists of which four kinds of responsibilities:
27. John works for Kinjo’s Printing Services during the day and Joe’s Diner at night. This is a conflict of interest. a. True b. False
28. Which of the following is false?
29. In a 2002 poll, _________ ranked last on the “who do you trust scale.”
30. According to the authors, most people are guided by a strict internal moral compass and will not be swayed by organization factors.